Monday, March 3, 2014

Planning

I haven't written in awhile because I haven't had much to write about, which is pretty good in our world.  That means Monkey has been mostly healthy, and life has been fairly normal. 

I have recently started to really dig into the planning of my fundraiser.  I have the location, date, and time set.  If you are going to be in Columbus April 12, you should plan to attend our event at 4:00 at Alumni Club Sportsbar.  I have also started to solicit items for auction and am so excited by the responses I have gotten so far.

I decided to email PR/ Community relations people for our local sports teams yesterday.  I looked up each team and found the person who I thought would handle the decision to make a donation.  I'm so excited by the response I got from the Columbus Crew, our Major League Soccer team.   First thing this morning I received an email from him stating that he had a cousin who had CF, and he was thrilled to send us some items for auction.  I guess karma, or the universe, or whoever/whatever force is out there, guided me to choose the right person to send that email to.  I can't wait to see what he sends. 

I have also received some generous offers from family and friends and will be hitting up some local businesses this weekend.  Since this is my first time doing this, I was a little nervous, but everything seems to be falling into place. 


No comments:

Post a Comment