Friday, May 2, 2014

Waitng

Monkey had "big boy" clinic a few days ago.  He did a pretty good job!  My dad came with me.  It was the first time he has been to a clinic visit since Monkey was teeny tiny and we were learning about what cf is and how it will affect our family.

The first hurdle was getting Monkey to wear the mask.  We all (and I mean just about everyone in the waiting room) put one on to help coax him to wear it.  It took a little bit of bribery, but he put it on and left it on much easier than I expected him to.


He even stood on the scale and let them measure him without a fight, things that always resulted in tears during newborn clinic.  He did still cry when they took his blood pressure and pulse ox, but he got over it pretty quickly.  He sat nicely and played ipad with Poppy most of the time we were in the exam room.  But he wasn't dancing around the room with a big smile like he usually was when we went to the newborn clinic and he knew everyone.

The throat culture was horrible.  It took 4 of us to hold him still so the doctor could get it.  He was so angry afterwards that he screamed and threw things around the room.  He felt betrayed by my dad and me because we had helped hold him still, and he couldn't be calmed down for several minutes.  He didn't want anything from us (even his beloved tootsie rolls).  The doctor came in and tried to give him suckers, and finally calmed him down by offering him a Donald Duck sticker. 

So now we wait for the results of  the culture.  I was hoping to get the call today, but will now have to wait all weekend.  I'm very anxious about the results.  I feel like the doctor was too quick to say he will probably just always have it, and I know there is more we can do to fight it, and it can be beaten!  Hopefully the culture will come back clean, and I won't have to worry about it, but I am prepared to fight to treat it more aggressively if I have to.  I wish there was a way to know for sure what is best for Monkey, but I just have to go with my Mommy-gut.  Waiting sucks!


2 comments:

  1. Sweet thoughts as you await your results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get to us at eka herbal home and get your Agbara powder which you are going to mix with Lime Orange and you will take this for just 2weeks and you will tell us what your Doctor will say about your Fibroid,,We cure this totally without regrow again, Within 2week your Fibroid will be shrink out completely, get to us at (dreka14demons@gmail.com)..,,If you live in UK, You can get to Mrs Laverne Sampson on via (laverne940@gmail.com) to get your Fibroid totally shrink out and get pregnant easily,,,, blockage of Fallopian tube is an infertility that can never make woman have a child if not totally clean and unblock the tube, The both Tube must be properly functioned, Our Eka herbal cleanser and Agbara powder which you are going to mix with Lime Orange will unblock your fallopian tube and make both of your Tube functioning and you will experience the major regular period which you mighty not be experiencing now,,Just get to us and our product will be posted to you..Your Husband weak erection and watery sperm will be cured.

    ReplyDelete