The first hurdle was getting Monkey to wear the mask. We all (and I mean just about everyone in the waiting room) put one on to help coax him to wear it. It took a little bit of bribery, but he put it on and left it on much easier than I expected him to.
The throat culture was horrible. It took 4 of us to hold him still so the doctor could get it. He was so angry afterwards that he screamed and threw things around the room. He felt betrayed by my dad and me because we had helped hold him still, and he couldn't be calmed down for several minutes. He didn't want anything from us (even his beloved tootsie rolls). The doctor came in and tried to give him suckers, and finally calmed him down by offering him a Donald Duck sticker.
So now we wait for the results of the culture. I was hoping to get the call today, but will now have to wait all weekend. I'm very anxious about the results. I feel like the doctor was too quick to say he will probably just always have it, and I know there is more we can do to fight it, and it can be beaten! Hopefully the culture will come back clean, and I won't have to worry about it, but I am prepared to fight to treat it more aggressively if I have to. I wish there was a way to know for sure what is best for Monkey, but I just have to go with my Mommy-gut. Waiting sucks!